Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Scope, article type and writing style are appropriate (if in doubt you have emailed the Editor-in-Chief)
- You have read the Guidelines and Policies and adhered to formatting instructions
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration
- You have appropriately referenced others’ work
- You have obtained ethical clearance where applicable and cited in text
- You have obtained any necessary permissions to reuse data, figures or tables
- You have deposited new structures and sequences in databanks and cited the accession numbers (if applicable)
- The following file types are ready for upload: Publishing Agreement, Cover Letter, Title Page, Main document, Acknowledgements, Authors' Contributions, Figures, Response to Reviewers [for revised manuscripts]
- The following information is ready: Title, Abstract, Authors’ names, Affiliations, ORCIDs, Keywords, Names & emails of 3 suggested reviewers, Funding bodies
- Figures, tables, appendices and supplementary material, if included; have been numbered consecutively and cited in text in numerical order
- References: All references listed have been cited in the text and in numerical order at first citation. All sources cited in text have been included in the reference list, with the exception of personal communications.
- References: The correct style has been followed and the reference list includes DOIs where applicable
All articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution Licence; copyright is retained by the authors. Readers are welcome to reproduce, share and adapt the content without permission provided the source is attributed.
Disclaimer: The publisher and editors accept no responsibility for statements made by the authors
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.